Vision, Mission and Functions
· To formulate and revise revenue policy and guidelines
· To analyze, implement , and ensure implementation of existing revenue policy
· To prepare revenue forecasting and estimates of annual revenue collection
· To prepare the draft of Financial Bill
· To implement effectively the revenue related policy and programmes mentioned in Financial Act
· To coordinate between the departments, and monitor, supervise and direct them.
· To monitor and direct revenue collection on regular basis
· To launch special campaign for enhancing revenue collection through monthly review and analysis of revenue.
· To make decision on tax exemption and approval (tax and non tax)
· To give policy related instructions to control the financial crimes including revenue leakage, money laundering and misuse of foreign currency , and give policy related instruction for effective implementation
· To give opinions on revenue related matters, on request.
· To play coordinative and supportive role in the tasks related to international tax, implementation of international agreements and double tax avoidance agreement.
· To help accomplish the works related to international organizations including WTO, SAFTA, BIMSTEC and WCO.
· To coordinate and collaborate with the World Bank, International Monetary Fund, and International Finance Corporation on revenue related matters.
· To submit revenue related proposals to the Council of Ministers.
· To determine non tax revenue related policy, scope of non-tax, rate of non tax and collection procedure, and to coordinate and collaborate with sectoral ministries for the effective collection of non tax revenue.
· To mobilize the departments to recover revenue outstanding
· To monitor the clearance of revenue related arrears.
· To play an advisory role in the revenue matters collected through local bodies
· To do works related to central and local revenue management
· To accomplish management of revenue related grievances and complaints
· To perform revenue advisory works
· To initiate to revise and amend revenue related Acts and Regulations, so as to make them relevant to the present context, scientific, and of international standard.